Corporate Development (M&A)… sourced and evaluated acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic investment. Tasks included: discount cash flow (NPV) & equity method valuations, coordination of outside support, and negotiation.
- Designed the 3-way $30 million capitalization structure that ensured creation of the Sundance Channel – a property that grew in value to $496 million (a 16-fold return), 12 years after launch.
Strategy… worked with Presidents/GMs, developed overall strategy for organization; management of strategic initiatives & projects; process and organizational structure & costs; transfer of best practices across organization.
- Extracted $54 million of value from an unprofitable, declining business. Recommended, structured, and assisted in negotiating the asset sale / marketing partnership locking-in a contractually guaranteed 5-year revenue stream.
Business Development… Sourced incremental revenue and strategic alliance opportunities.
- Within 1 year, designed and built out a scalable ‘fee-for-service’ business model that generated $1.5 million in fees, solidified strategic partnerships, and generated community support and interest.
- Created investor marketing package (financial model, business use case, and marketing brief) for New Media Technology that showcased value and eased investor concerns contributing to the closing of their multi-million 2nd funding round.
Financial Management… budgets & long-range financial forecasts – developed detailed pro-formas and business plans for senior management and Board review.
- Provided complete financial oversight for a $52 million retail sales unit.
Download Donald’s resume here.