Diggin’ In the Crate
In case you missed it here is a video of Mary Meeker – Managing Director, Morgan Stanley – talking about the Mobile Internet on April 12, 2010 at the Atmosphere event. What I found to be of most interest were:
- 48% of Internet users are in 5 countries, compared to 1995 when 75% were in the US.
- Mobile Internet is ramping faster that anything else we’ve seen; the number using mobile access to pass desktop Internet access by 2014.
- Social Networking is the new e-mail.
- Consumers expect to get their stuff 24×7 from the palms of their hands.
- Video driving rapid growth in Mobile Internet traffic, today and tomorrow.
- Consumers are leading and moving faster than their enterprises.